Greatest Guitar ever made

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greatest guitar manufacturer

• ESP

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Fender

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Gibson

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • PRS

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Charvel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jackson

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Suhr

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Ibanez

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • BC Rich

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Tom Anedrson

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
I dig Les Pauls, but I'm not really into saying that the Les Paul is the greatest guitar ever made. In fact, I like other guitars and I'm glad other dudes dig other guitars more than they dig Les Pauls... it makes things more interesting.

Long story short, there is no single 'greatest'... that would be boring.

The Fender Nocaster/Broadcaster/Telecaster - good or bad, it changed the game

...and gave tubes something live for. :D

giantstepjoe said:
How is Paul Reed Smith( and for that matter Suhr) not an option in the poll?

And Tom Anderson to add to that list. :wink:

There is no one Greatest, but maybe a greatest era per brand.

late- '70's, early '80s Ibanez

mid -'80s American made Jackson, Charvel, BC Rich, Kramer

'60s and older Gibson, Fender, and Gretch - From your list of choices

My three faves are the Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul, and Charvel pre-production stratheads.

GD_NC said:
The Fender Nocaster/Broadcaster/Telecaster - good or bad, it changed the game

...and gave tubes something live for. :D
This man is correct.

screamingdaisy said:
I dig Les Pauls, but I'm not really into saying that the Les Paul is the greatest guitar ever made. In fact, I like other guitars and I'm glad other dudes dig other guitars more than they dig Les Pauls... it makes things more interesting.

Long story short, there is no single 'greatest'... that would be boring.

Thank you!

Much like cars, I've had allot of 'em. Some rare, some exotic, some just to get around...they all had something that I liked about 'em at the time and therefore had/have something to offer. If we all loved the same guitars then all guitars would be the same and the world would be full of colorless music with little to no diversity. Al DiMeola was doing things on Les Pauls in the 70's that people in the 80's were doing on BC's and Ibanez w/ floating bridges. So it's all a matter of what each individual does with what feels and sounds good in their hands.

If we all loved the same guitars then all guitars would be the same and the world would be full of colorless music with little to no diversity. Al DiMeola was doing things on Les Pauls in the 70's that people in the 80's were doing on BC's and Ibanez w/ floating bridges. So it's all a matter of what each individual does with what feels and sounds good in their hands.

Very very true , its a great shame that a lot of people dont take this attitude into much in life- acceptance of difference's in peoples opinions likes and dislikes and respecting them for it... :D

Fender Strat...even though I have a couple of Les Pauls and love them..the strat can always sound different. It seems at least to me IMO, that Les Pauls pretty much always sound the same. Though when I want THAT sound I will always reach for mine.

giantstepjoe said:
How is Paul Reed Smith( and for that matter Suhr) not an option in the poll?
Exactly what I thought. To me it is a tie between both.

I'm stuck on Gibson....Les pauls...easy to play...sounds great.. stays in tune...all night.....Allthough I do like my Tele too...

No vote for Musicman?

I got a sterling and was sold immediately because it had a better feeling neck than ANYTHING Ive ever played. :D

lerxst88 said:
No vote for Musicman?

I got a sterling and was sold immediately because it had a better feeling neck than ANYTHING Ive ever played. :D[/quote

I love my MusicMan Silhouette...but if it's GOT to come down to one, it would be the Tele. Until 4 days ago, I would have gone Strat without a second thought. Been playing one for so long and they're out of this world...but I just got a new G&L ASAT Classic Tele and I literally can't keep my hands off of it. I never really "got" it about Teles till now. They just have that "bite". I'm blown away:

IMG_0424.jpg

I never really "got" it about Teles till now. They just have that "bite". I'm blown away:

Im with you. Since getting my Tele a couple of months ago, i havent touched any of my other guitars.

Latest posts

Back