Got really scared last night, may help other - (power issue)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
I played my Road King at sound check last night and had about an hour before we went on for good so I powered it down as I normally do....... About 5 minutes before we went on I went up and flipped the power switch and it all lit up > put my guitar on > turned back around and flipped the stand by switch and it all went DEAD!!! My heart stopped, 5 minutes before we go on and I chose tonight not to bring a back up!!!

I checked everything I could think of, and tried running solid state rectifier tubes and was now time to go on and still no power....I then tried one last thing, I traced the power cable up to where it plugs in to the chassis and pushed up on it and it all came back on!!!

So, for all you combo users that throw you pedals in the back of your amp... be careful not to wiggle the the cables that connect to the chassis! My reverb did the same thing about a month ago, and it was the same fix (don't know why I didn't try that first with the power cable??).

No more King Kontroler in the back of my amp, I think it's eventually gonna wear out some of the connections or short something out in the long run.

That same thing happened to me on my F-50. I lost power and then wiggled the power chord and it came back on. I'll have to get it checked and clamped down good to make sure that there is no pressure on the actual connection.

Latest posts

Back