Going about ordering a Mark IV headshell

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rampage

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I looked over the forum about purchasing a new headshell from Mesa and found a few posts pertaining to that. I have a few questions and any input will be appreciated.

1. Can the headshells only be ordered from Mesa by phone? (Just wondering all of my possible options)

2. I am just looking to get a standard headshell (more than likely a shorthead), standard black leather with black grille cloth. I would like to know if anyone has any idea of what the going rate (U.S. dollar) seems to be on one of these.

3. Is there a waiting period, and if so how long does that tend to be?

As I stated before, all input will be appreciated. I am new to Mesa and I am not well informed when it comes to the process of ordering from them.
Thanks in advance :D

You might ask Platypus. He was going to order a custom headshell. He could probably tell you how to go about it, how much to expect to pay, and how long to expect to wait.

If you look at the 2007 ProNet price list you'll find custom option pricing on the last pages. The price list is stickied on a thread at the top of the Modern Amps forum.

I bought a second hand one yesterday.
I'm gonna duplicate it in hardwood for interested europeans.

In a few weeks I hope to have a few examples ready.

Call mesa direct for the time requirements. Mesa quoted me at $200 plus shipping on a medium headshell for the MIV. I imagine the short will be about the same price. You can probably save on shipping if you order through a dealer.

Greg

Thanks for all the information guys. I am going to see if the deal I am looking at goes through or not, and if it does I will probably be ordering one.

Thanks,
Ryan

Hey guys! Sorry to bring back an old post but I am curious if I can get a head cabinet from MB for a Mark III?

I have a MK III combo I would like to convert to a head, but I didn't see a MK III head listed on the pronet sheet. Would a MK IV or MK I head shell work with my amp? I plan on calling MB after the holidays, but I was just curious in the meantime what you guys thought.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back