Getting rid of Tremoverb???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dominick9998

Reaction score
I have read many posts on this forum and the two/three magical amps that everyone seems to support are the dual rectifier tremoverb, the mark II c+ and the mark IV.

If the the tremoverb is so coveted and magical....why are there more than six of them selling on ebay right now?? And beyond that, why are they selling for an average price of $1000??

Food for thought.

... 'cause these sellers are gassing for something else.

... but once they purchase a new toy amp in this case and down the road it gets "old", the honeymoon is over or the exhilaration is over, they'll swear why did they sell their trem-o-verbs in the first place?

I sold an amp that should have been a keeper just to buy another amp. Down the road, I thought to myself I should kept that amp. :cry:

dominick9998 said:
I have read many posts on this forum and the two/three magical amps that everyone seems to support are the dual rectifier tremoverb, the mark II c+ and the mark IV.

If the the tremoverb is so coveted and magical....why are there more than six of them selling on ebay right now?? And beyond that, why are they selling for an average price of $1000??

Food for thought.

Cause guitarists will always be chasing tone?

I don't care if everybody hates them, I love 'em and it keeps the price low if I ever need to pick another one up.

Who has the best tone?
Van Halen
Carlos
Satriani
Larry Carlton
Gary Moore
Steve Morse
etc, etc.

Tone is subjective..there are no absolutes.
I'm unimpressed by F50's, Express series, Nomads, Mavericks,AC30's, Koch and Marshall 1974 RI's.
I guaranty there are tons of players that think those are great amps and hate my Rectoverb. Heck sometimes I hate my Rectoverb :) But other times it gets the best tone I've ever played.

dominick9998 said:

Food for thought.

Slightly off topic, but in the Vai/Satriani/Petrucci G3 it's Petrucci's Mesa-driven tone that walks all over the others. Vai and Satriani have technique to die for, but the richness and fullness of Petrucci's sound is clearly a notch above.

I have owned a number of Mesas in the past, and my new Tremoverb is amazing. I could maybe see "upgrading" to a Mark IV one day, but until then I'm very very very happy. I've seen a general trend for high-end gear to be devaluing slowly lately, so it's not just Mesa.

Petrucci has never ever ever used a Tremoverb for lead guitar

True, but the Road King, at least to my ears sounds very similar to the Rectoverb/Tremoverb in terms of general sound and I think that's what the poster was getting at.

Pyro said:
Petrucci has never ever ever used a Tremoverb for lead guitar

People get weird about Mesa amps. Guys buy Dual Recs partially for the low end and sick crunch, but also for the Dual Rec name. We all know its the choice of a lot of heavy bands that have heavy tones.

The Trem O Verb is for the guy who wants to go there, and then take a vacation to the mountains and soak up the sun, leave all the heinous crunch behind sometimes and stand on a hill and look at the sunset....
...and then RUSH back down to the city and CHUNK AWAY AGAIN TUNNED TO DROPPED ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ok got a little carried away...but really the TOV does enough for one amp to satisfy, trouble is...there's no diamond tread plate so guys think they're whimpy....It's MESA's secret amp of glory...LONG LIVE THE TREM O VERB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the thing that kills me.. the Trem-o-verb was the amp. It has the mean and clean.. plus the reverb and tremolo. I know that I don't have a bad amp, but it kills me because people didn't realize how great that amp was.

I have had completely insane setups and rigs, but I know that if I had a TOV, I would be happy and get rid of more pedals... to get the sound that I have with the TR... I wish that the 2 channel had the solo option.... other than that.. I would be TOV... eventually.. I will get one when I have the cash and also find one in good condition..

Latest posts

Back