General Mesa Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groovetuber

Reaction score
What OHM settings are on most Mesas? I have a 16 ohm attenuator for my Marshall, but since I am going to be sellign my amp, I think i may need to send the attenuator because as far as I know, Mesas aren't 16 ohm. Thanks.

I have owned a Tremoverb and a Dual Rec. Both had options for 16, 8, and 4. I believe when you go down to the 50watt models you only get 8 and 4.
Download the manual for the specific model you are looking at. You will find it in there.

Ok, thanks for the help. The 2 models I am looking at right now are the Dual Rec and the Roadster, so judging by what you said it looks like I could in fact use my attenuator with those amps. Could someone enlighten me what the different OHM inputs do? How do thet affect tone? When would you want to use a certain OHM setting?

I depends on the speaker load you have. What cabinet(s) are you gonna run with the Mesa amp?

How come Mesa is only selling a 2x12 cabinet for the Roadster? In that case, should I just get the standard 4x12 Rectifier cabinet? Either way, I'd prefer to have a cab that is 4x12.

Latest posts

Back