FX loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrwinder635

Reaction score
I just bought a brand new mesa dual rectifier 3 channel yesterday. Pumped up, sounds great, and have waited years to finally get one. The only problem is i cant seem to figure out this Fx loop. The only fx loops ive delt with usually consisted of just a send and a return and no channel selection knobs and volume, and output, and all that good stuff i pretty much bought the amp for... I am sending a cabel to a tuner then a decimator(noise reduction), then a carbon copy delay, then a digital reverb pedal...then returning it back into the loop. I am getting no difference in sound quality from my decimator which usually cuts all feed back, and noise out, and my delays and reverbs sound very dry/faint/ way in the backround(i couldnt really think of any other way to describe it). I screw with all the knobs and it doesnt seem to help. Also im wondering about setting a part of the loop to a certain channel..like if i just want it on channel 1 or just on channel 3? i know it will probibly be hard to explain over a computer, but and advice helps...thanks

By the way, i love the the amp, went from an orange rocker 30(with out a fx loop) to a dual rec. sooo glad a made the change just need my lead fx.

Try just on effect at a time and see if it is still crappy. Might be the tube for the loop, might be a bad cable. While some might complain about loops in Rectos, they should try the ones from other builders. Mesa is still on top of the loop game.
Try downloading the manual from the Mesa site, it could walk you through what's going on.

Latest posts

Back