Fuse value?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triodal

Reaction score
Lets say My poweramp fuse value is 6amp,is it ok if i change it to 6 1/4 amp?

Not a good idea. A fuse is a level of protection increasing the amounting of amp’s a fuse can handle is putting your amp in danger of frying other components if there is a problem. And if you blow fuses of the correct rating frequently under normal usage the amp needs to go to a tech.

the 1/4(0.25) difference will fry the amp???

My amp been running with 6 1/4amp when i got it...For some reason its still powering...I should change mine to 6amp..Thanks.

triodal said:
the 1/4(0.25) difference will fry the amp???

quote]
Fry might be a bad choice of words on my part but without the proper fuse if there is a problem parts of the amp can be damaged without the proper level of protection.
In a perfect world that amp would not even need a fuse, but thing do go wrong.
With a 6amp fuse, the only thing the fuse does when it see’s 6 amp’s of current it pop’s to protect components from seeing more than what they where design to handle. So increase the size of the fuse, if something does occur that circuit my see allot more current than it can handle, so always better to use what the amp calls for. It’s a $2.00 part that will give you peace of mind and my even say your amp from costly repair.
You are right not a huge amount of difference between a 6 amp and a 6.25, percent wise its about another 4%.
Has no bearing on your tone by the way
You can stick a 10 amp in there and the amp will work no problem the fuses only job is to protect the rest of the amp. In a perfect world no problem but now if something happens with this fuse that will not pop till it sees 10 amps components are going to pay the price.

i get what you are saying, i just dont think you explained it well enough.

say your amplifier's fuse is rated at 6 amps. this means that any electricity flowing above 6 amps is dangerous to your amplifier (assuming that it came stock with a 6 amp fuse), and the fuse will blow, stopping it from blowing up your amplifier. if you put a 6 (1/4) fuse, it will let electricity above 6 amps in, as stated before, is dangerous. so the correct fuse is always a must.

as stated by other mate, you should check if it is the stock fuse. And 0.25 Ampere aren't a little current actually!

Latest posts

Back