• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Cheap FR equipped guitar

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey383

Reaction score
I bought this brand new back around 2000. I think I paid around $350 for it. It's a Korean made PRS style Samick "Artist Series". The odd thing about this guitar is that it has 29 frets. It's a 25.5" scale. This guitar was my beater for a few years. It has a nice looking photo flame and a Floyd Rose bridge. I'm not sure what the body is made out of, but it is not a laminate body, and is light in color and weight...alder maybe? No sharp fret ends, and the neck is straight.

There are a few things wrong with it. It is missing the single coil from the neck. The pickup went dead, and I do not have another one to put back in. There is a chip in the finish (see pic), and the headstock is a little banged up. The bridge pup was replaced with a Duncan Designed HB103B. The leads on the pup were shorted about an inch from the base, so I ended up having to splice new leads on. The pup DOES work, and it is wired for coil tapping. The bridge is missing one of the string blocks. The screw still tightens down on the string, and that's how I've been using it.

The following things will be fixed before the guitar is sent out:
Pickup screws
Strap buttons
Broken A string (will ship with a brand new set of 10s.)
Will thoroughly clean
Will include whammy bar, clamps for locking nut, and 2 more springs.
Will also include back control cavity cover. I do not know if I have the tremolo cover, but if I can find it, I will include it.

No case or bag, but I will pack it very well. Like any guitar, I hate to part with it, but I don't use it and I'm sure someone else would be able to put it to good use.

$125 shipped/insured/PP'ed. Ebay username: Mesaguy383

Picture504.jpg

Picture503.jpg

Picture508.jpg

Picture.jpg

Picture505.jpg

Latest posts

Back