Forgive me father Stiletto, for I have sinned...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jab

Reaction score
this Stiletto setting keeps sucking me in: gigged again this weekend and I'm darn near at the point where my favorite crunch sound on Stiletto is Fat Clean with an Xotic RC-like boost on it (I have the AC+, and the left side is similar to the lower gain RC pedal). This really shines at gig volume (Output 12:00, Master 10:00, Fat Clean Gain knob at 3:00-6:00). With humbucker/high out put pickups at those volumes, you get a fair amount of breakup - step on the AC/RC with pretty low gain dialed in on the pedal (akin to a clean boost) and you are in AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Priest territory. I have almost the same tone on Tite Gain (Gain at 9:00) but the difference is Fat Clean with the boost is a bigger, fatter, darker tone definitely pushing more air. At practice volumes I don't hear it as much, but when you start driving it at gig volume it's pretty darn cool. Trust me, this is all coming from someone who has been anti-distortion pedal most of his music career. You have to pick a pedal that doesn't mess with your amp's tone much to start with. And if your not dialing in too much gain on the pedal it's not altering the base tone. And maybe it's that Barber Tone Press which is giving me the sustain at lower gain settings that is making this all work too. I'm not needing to drive the gain as hard to let my chords sing.

Don't knock it till you tried it, that's all I'm saying for you classic rock guys. Maybe I'll experiment now with Fluid Drive as my solo channel, and use Fat Clean for clean/crunch. Fat Clean with high gain gives you a touch of fur around the edge, but it's still clean. Just kind of old school clean. This is one versatile amp I keep finding out even after 9 mos.

As I said, forgive me Father Stiletto...

Nothing wrong with using an OD on the clean channel. Andy Timmons said in an interview once that the whole 'resolution' cd was mainly the clean channel of the stiletto with a tube driver in front. :)

-Phil

Latest posts

Back