Footswitch problem on FX loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhrocker

Reaction score
I have a 3 channel DR and I'm having issues with the FX loop. When I set rear control to LOOP ON, the loop works on all channels. When I set it for each channel, it works when the selected channel is pressed, but the FX button doesn't turn the FX on/off - it's always on. When I set the switch to FOOTSWITCH, the loop doesn't work, regardless whether the channel or loop button is pressed. On the footswitch, the orange channel led is burned out, but all the buttons work, except for the FX. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem may be, or is it bad and I should return the amp?

Thanx - Pete

Did some testing. When using the FX Loop jack (connecting a control switch via 1/4" plug) the FX loop switches in great. So it looks like a problem with the footswitch. The only way to tell is to test with another footswitch.

i think your ok. when you set it per ch it is in auto assign mode. which means your fx will come on when you hit that ch. for example. if your switch is set to ch3 and your running a delay or whatever, your fx will only be present on ch3 and nothing else. i dont think the footswich fx button will be active in that mode.

Well it actually looks like every position of the footswitch knob works as it should except for the FTSW position. When in that position, whether I turn on the loop or not, the loop doesn't come on. The footswitch light shows the loop to be either on or off, but the actual loop is always off.

remember to have your output volume ,on the front of the amp next to your solo knob turned up. this knob is only active when the ftsw knob is on ftsw.

I tried replacing the cable already - there was no change. I took the footswitch apart and checked all solder joints. Everything looks fine. It may be the footswitch. Since I just bought the head, maybe I'll bring it back to the store for them to check - it's used, not new though.

And to be sure, when the rotary knob is on FTSW, the loop should engage on whatever channel I am on when I hit the loop button, right?

Bumping this up for more help. I figured out that the switching issue is on the footswitch. I connected a RJM mini amp gizmo to the DR and the FX loop turns on and off as it should when I hit the button on the MAG. So does anyone have any schematics of the big foot controller? I opened it up and it is much more than just 5 switches w/LEDS. If I could isolate the circuit for the FX portion, maybe it can be fixed. I could just use the RJM but I would also like the footswitch to work properly.

Thanx - Pete

lhrocker said:
Bumping this up for more help. I figured out that the switching issue is on the footswitch. I connected a RJM mini amp gizmo to the DR and the FX loop turns on and off as it should when I hit the button on the MAG. So does anyone have any schematics of the big foot controller? I opened it up and it is much more than just 5 switches w/LEDS. If I could isolate the circuit for the FX portion, maybe it can be fixed. I could just use the RJM but I would also like the footswitch to work properly.

Thanx - Pete
do you know if the amp had any mods done to the fx loop. this may be the reason your footcontroller is acting up.

Back