Footswitch for mark iv

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badcatbrian

Reaction score
I don't think you're going to find a midi solution for less than $200.

I use a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pedal/GCX system to switch my IV and it works great. You can probably pick up these two pieces used for around $400 total if you look around.

Why didn't anyone mention a DIY relay controlled footswitch?
It's not difficult and might only cost about $50.
Plus, I can put 5~7 bottons for switching. Those midi switchers only have four relay controls.
It's a no brainer since I don't have any other midi controlled equipment.

badcatbrian said:
Why didn't anyone mention a DIY relay controlled footswitch?
It's not difficult and might only cost about $50.
Plus, I can put 5~7 bottons for switching. Those midi switchers only have four relay controls.
It's a no brainer since I don't have any other midi controlled equipment.

DID you ever find somthing that works. Im in this same situation.

Look for a used RJM Mastermind. It is a smaller midi footswitch, new they are $300... but you will still need an interface like a Midi Octopus or an RJM Amp Gizmo (w/ Phantom Power). It adds up, but if you have a midi rack fx unit, it will be the ultimate rig that isn't too big.

Best and cheapest solution I found when I was using a Mark IV was a Peavey Midipro. I got one used off ebay for around $150 I think (it's been a while). It has 8 switches and four loops which gave me midi control over all the switches of the Mark IV. Also allows you to access "channel zero" when no channel was selected. I used it for patching in an acoustic simulator for a couple of tunes but it wasn't much use other than that. When these come up for sale they're usually quite a bit cheaper than the GCX stuff. Also the footswith for the Basis M-2000 controls the Mark IV. I picked one of those up (also off the 'bay) for a backup.

Latest posts

Back