First outdoor gig with the 5:50 report.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBT7764

Reaction score
I had my first outdoor gig with the 5:50 1x12. I am pleased to report the amp shined. Signal chain= Guitar / Fulltone Clyde /Tuner/Barber Tone Press/ Diamond Phase / OCD v1 / OCD v4 / T-Rex Replica / 5:50 .

5:50 is set on the clean Channel. I never switched it from the clean channel. OCD v1 was set to mild pushed gain. Pick light it's clean , dig in it's dirty. Mild compression.

The amp was rich sounding , warm, punchy bottom and glassy on the top end. I played a 56 CS Relic all night. It rings sweet on the bridge and bounces on the neck.

Previously used a Marshall 1974x, Heritage Briton II, Vox AC-30, Fender Super-Sonic. The 5:50 was the best of the lot. Great punch and cut through the mix w/o having to be that loud. I love this amp. Had been considering getting the matching ext cabinet but honestly didn't need it. It would just be a cool looking amp stand.

The 5:50 is a great rig!!!!!!!

Gain at 10:00 I've noticed that if you keep it below 12 :00 it hallows out the middle a little like a black face tone. Push the gain over 12 and it adds a little mid its there if you need it. The treble below 10:00 just slightly. The same with mids and the bass. I use the OCD for a little dirt. 2nd OCD for solos. The tone with a strat or a dbl coil Gibson is awesome.
It sounds counter intuitive to have the controls this low but it really sounds great.
The amp is amazing. To be fair I like lower gain Andy Timmons type tones. Great sustain and touch sensitivity. I mostly play on the neck p/u and occasionally on the bridge.

You use your amp completely differently than I do with completely different settings.

That's the beauty of theses amps- flexibility!

JBT7764 said:
I had my first outdoor gig with the 5:50 1x12. I am pleased to report the amp shined. Signal chain= Guitar / Fulltone Clyde /Tuner/Barber Tone Press/ Diamond Phase / OCD v1 / OCD v4 / T-Rex Replica / 5:50 .

5:50 is set on the clean Channel. I never switched it from the clean channel. OCD v1 was set to mild pushed gain. Pick light it's clean , dig in it's dirty. Mild compression.

The amp was rich sounding , warm, punchy bottom and glassy on the top end. I played a 56 CS Relic all night. It rings sweet on the bridge and bounces on the neck.

Previously used a Marshall 1974x, Heritage Briton II, Vox AC-30, Fender Super-Sonic. The 5:50 was the best of the lot. Great punch and cut through the mix w/o having to be that loud. I love this amp. Had been considering getting the matching ext cabinet but honestly didn't need it. It would just be a cool looking amp stand.

The 5:50 is a great rig!!!!!!!

+1
nice to hear. I've had the same experience :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back