First Gig with Lonestar Classic

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitar55

Reaction score
Well, I've had my LSC 1x12 for about 2 months now and all my gigs so far have inlcuded backlines, so I haven't had a chance to road test it until last Saturday night.

Although I use some pretty clean tones, I had Channel 1 set up at 100W with the Gain at about 3:00. I find that this is still clean enough for R&B stuff, but it gives my just a little edge so that it doesn't sound sterile. I used this channel for the first several songs and it sounded sweet and creamy!!! When I had to kick in CHannel 2 for a heavier tone, although I thought I had balanced the two channels, it was WAY too soft. I had to lower the volume on Channel 1 and boost the Output and Solo controls. Once I did that, it was screaming with Drive at about 1:00 and Gain at about 3:00. I was getting beautiful, controllabe sustained feedback and I was in heaven! I also use my Boss OD pedal to add some crunch to both channels when I need it. This basically gives me 4 levels of distortion which makes my sound very versatile.

So, the first gig was a great success and I can't wait to use it some more.

The one thing I need to do is to set up my Boss Delay through the effects loop, because having it in front of the amp, when using Channel 2 boosted, the effect was too strong, but when I backed it down, it was too light on the clean setting.

The LSC is simply a great sounding versatile amp. I check out sound samples on guitar and amp websites and see if I can dial them in. My 2x12 LSC can get just about anything except shred and I'm ok with that. The guys I play with have original Deluxes, Twins and Marshalls. They are all impressed by the LSC.

guitar55, nice website. I played along with Honkytonk Woman a couple of times. It was like sitting in with your band and I stole a couple of licks from you. (8>) Like I said on my first post, I dialed in the guitar tone on my LSC before the first solo.
I'm in Wall www.oaktreelodge.com is my business and where I live. Let's get the amps out for a jam.

picnic said:
The LSC is simply a great sounding versatile amp. I check out sound samples on guitar and amp websites and see if I can dial them in. My 2x12 LSC can get just about anything except shred and I'm ok with that. The guys I play with have original Deluxes, Twins and Marshalls. They are all impressed by the LSC.

I had a chance to do a side by side comparison of the LSC, Deluxe Reverb, and a 57 Tweed Twin Re-Issue and the LSC blew them out of the water. The cleans on the LSC just sound more organic. The Fenders sounded really sterile sounding next to the Lone Star Classic. Plus, the LSC had a much broader frequency range than the Fender amps. I could dial in a lot more bass on the LSC. Also, the LSC can get great distortion at lower levels. The LSC also just oozes quality as far as looks and build go. I just love my LSC!

The Lonestar line is just super-solid (LSS owner here). For the first time in a LONG time, I have no GAS for amps...

Back