favorite Mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfgang6505

Reaction score
I'm new here so I'm just shooting the moon on this topic but, What's you folks favorite mesa's. I love them all LOL. I can't wait to buy more of them LOL. My next one will be either single,dual or triple rectifier. I like that 150watt solo amp very much. The RK is awesome aswell.

The DC series...very wide range of sounds, and very versatile. Of course, I'm biased (DC-10 combo owner, and member of the Bad Back Society of America)!

My vote gose so far to the Mark III. I do however, wan't to play with the IV and triaxis, see if I like em better. Oh and a Lone star head through a 4x12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purpleheart MKIIC+
_1010208copy.jpg

Hard to pick... For recording and low volume, my favorites would be the LSS, or Blue Angel (4-10").
For actual use, if I had to choose just one, It'd be the IIC+ simulclass head, and the old halfback mesa 4-12" with EV on top and V30 in closed bottom. Both cabs in Imbuya and wicker...
Or the IIC+ 1-15" combo.....
This post took me about 15 minutes to type... Shaky subject!
ax. 8)

1. TriAxis-50/50 combination
2. Mark IV shorthead
Both are in the same rack.

Funny question, almost similar if you ask me how is my favorite lady! Quiet when you pull yr plug out :oops: ...those Europeans!!
I have experience about MK4 of Mesa products only, it sounds great, does it count?

favorite?!?! ah man, thats like choosing a favorite child. i love my nomad but i'm really diggin my friends F-50 1x12 combo right now. he brought it over because it needed new tubes. i found some EH6L6s and i pulled some NOS tubes out of my other friends AIMS bass amp and the thing sounds absolutly killer! i used it for worship the other night and the tone is HUGE i tell you. not loud huge, just full. i just love the feeling of having a perfect tone pefectly in the mix. nothing better...

edit: on a side note i'm REALLY diggin the 1x12 combo format. so simple but its a powerful little beast @ 50w. beats luggin around a 4x12 all the time thats for sure.

Latest posts

Back