Fair Price for a Mark iic+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel

Reaction score
I'm just doing some Christmas shopping for myself. How much for a 60 watt original Mark iic+ head, no simul, no graphic eq, in blonde tolex with matching cabinet, 12" EV speaker?

1500? what planet are you living on. the last few went for 2000 and up! plus the price of a cab. MAYBE 1500 for just the head. If you can get it that cheap..I will beat you to it! lol

a blonde 2c+ plus the matching 112 ev thiele would cost near 3000 wouldnt it ?

we're talking about a bare bones stripped C+. 60 watt, no simul, no eq, no reverb, in a blonde head. If you pay over $2,000 for that you're nuts IMO. I got a factory Simul w. Reverb 1x12 combo for $1500 last January. The market hasn't shifted much. A loaded imbuya piece still commands $3000, as it did over a year ago.

EDIT: I reread the original post and saw he also wants a 1x12 thiele. The thiele alone is about 400, so the total price would be about 1900.

Elpelotero said:
we're talking about a bare bones stripped C+. 60 watt, no simul, no eq, no reverb, in a blonde head. If you pay over $2,000 for that you're nuts IMO. I got a factory Simul w. Reverb 1x12 combo for $1500 last January. The market hasn't shifted much. A loaded imbuya piece still commands $3000, as it did over a year ago.

EDIT: I reread the original post and saw he also wants a 1x12 thiele. The thiele alone is about 400, so the total price would be about 1900.

I generally agree with your posts but do think that your numbers are a bit low here. The $1500 you paid was a great deal and not market price at the time. The last couple of loaded tolex heads sold for $3000+ and I would expect a similar combo to bring over that. I haven't seen a loaded imbuya IIC+ sell on ebay in a while. I wouldn't be surprised if a nice one was well north of $3k now.

The plain ones like the original poster asked about are the difficult ones to guess a price on. I think that $2000 is a reasonable guess. It might bring more but also might sit at that price. Many IIC+ buyers aren't going to consider a plain-Jane.

sundaypunch said:
Elpelotero said:

I generally agree with your posts but do think that your numbers are a bit low here. The $1500 you paid was a great deal and not market price at the time. The last couple of loaded tolex heads sold for $3000+ and I would expect a similar combo to bring over that. I haven't seen a loaded imbuya IIC+ sell on ebay in a while. I wouldn't be surprised if a nice one was well north of $3k now.

The plain ones like the original poster asked about are the difficult ones to guess a price on. I think that $2000 is a reasonable guess. It might bring more but also might sit at that price. Many IIC+ buyers aren't going to consider a plain-Jane.

I guess I've been out of the loop. ****, $2000 for a non-loaded 60 watter! Things are getting nuts. I know my piece wasn't market value, which is why I jumped all over it! I think Platypus was able to get a 60/100 w. eq and reverb for 1800 a month ago. The deals are still out there.

I have a question: would my Mark IIC+ tolex combo (60 watt, no EQ, no reverb) would be worth more or less than the "normal" market price if I put it in a fairly new hardwood combo shell?

It won't pass for an original cabinet as they are dated on the inside of the back panel. You may get a bit more for it than in a tolex cabinet but will probably end up losing money on the deal if you have to buy a hardwood cabinet. I personally would rather have the original cabinet.

Latest posts

Back