Faint Static

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaENGR412

Reaction score
Hello buds, I am just wondering what would cause some very faint static in my amp at low volumes. I first noticed it last night, and even took every effect out of my chain between the guitar and the amp, but i haven't tried a different guitar yet. The volume pot on this particular guitar is a little fuzzy (It's an Ibanez, what more do I have to say...) Anyway, I am just wondering if it is possibly a tube problem, or if it's other interference. I don't have any florescent lightbulbs around, and the static is very faint and sporadic, only happening once in a while when i stop playing. When i turn the amp up, the static doesn't get louder with it. It's like a faint crackle, almost like someone's inside crumpling shiney wrapping paper (i know, bad analogy...best i could do) Thanks guys for any help in advance. Also,The static seems to only appear on Distortion channels, and mainly channel 2 from what i can tell, i haven't really experimented with channel 3 yet.
It could just be electronics, or poor sheilding on the pick up's part ( i put EMG-Hz H-1's in it a while back----Haven't plugged up my EMG-81 equipped guitar into since Tuesday or so).....Just want some feedback..no pun intended....and to make sure there's nothing really wrong with my amp.

-AJH

I think that it is normal, at real low volumes mine does something similiar, what i think it is, is non amplified distortion from the preamp tubes. I could be wrong. Sorry I couldnt help you more, but I notice something similar, but when I turn it up I dont notice it at all.

Latest posts

Back