F-50 with a strat

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie

Reaction score
Well I finally got around to switching the pickups out on my strat, re-wiring it and setting up the action/intonation.

Figured I would try it out with the F-50 - figured channel 1 would sound great with a strat, which it did but what surprised the hell out of me was how good it sounded on channel 2. Had to keep the gain below noon but it sounds fantastic and it cleans up great with the guitars volume control.

Anyway... yay F-50!!!! Choosing between this and the Deuce is always a struggle.

:D

I had a MIJ strat with 2 single coils and a Dimarzio humbucker w/ a Floyd.
I really liked the guitar but Fender was routing these like crap and the Floyds would rip out of them because there wasn't enough wood left in the body to hold it in properly. Well that's exactly what happened to mine so it has been sitting FUBARED in the closet for years.

Anyway... I've had this MIM strat for a while and decided to swap over the MIJ's electronics because the MIM had crap pickups.

So they are just standard Fender single coils I think... not really sure but it sounds way better now.

If I am not mistaken those pickups from the Floyd Strat were Duncan designed. I had one but upgraded to Lace blue in the neck and Lace silver in the middle with DiMarzio Evolution in the bridge.

I sold that guitar back in '94. I miss it sometimes.

Latest posts

Back