F-50 feedback;way too much

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyp

Reaction score
I recently posted a feedback question but it's a little out of hand now. On the dirty channel with the gain only at about 9 o'clock, contour off. I cant let a note or chord ring for any real amount of time without feedback. I dont mind a little feedback but this is a little hard to deal with. Kick in the contour and it gets a little worse.

I'm gonna call Mesa today but I'd like to hear any advice I can get.

This happened when jamming last night in a room the size of a 1 car garage, it didnt matter where I went in the room. All tone controls were used in moderation, no other f/x used. Master volume just enough to hang with a loud drummer. Passive pups also.

Could a bad tube do that? It seems to have gotten worse over the 3 months I've owned it.

Mesa is closed on Fri., Sat., and Sunday so I could'nt get their help.

thanks

I have an F50 with the same problem (feedback). The mesa guys convinced me it was my strat vintage type single coil pickups. Every once in a while also the amp makes some weird crackling noises through the speakers and then the noise goes away. The crackling is not consistent, but feedback is. comments ?

Check your guitar cable. just to be sure. You might try to re seat your tubes. There's a slight possibility that you could have a weak connection on one of them and it might be rattling in the socket, as you play. It's worth a shot.

Anti, yes, the feedback goes away with a reduction in the volume. This problem occurs with the amp volume set at 11:00 position and the gain at 11:00 also. I would think I should be able to set bot of these settings at 11:00 without feedback but maybe I am mistaken. What settings do you use on your amp ?

I checked out your website and MP3's. Very Good !

PS on our local Hockey team here in the US, we have four Finnish players who will be playing for the Finnish National team in the Olympics.

Back