F-30 video demo and tone test

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
So, I had an epiphany this weekend. I sold the Roadster Saturday morning and was left with just the F-30. I've had the F for about 2 months or so and always liked it, but never really LOVED it. So, I was a little bummed to see the Roadster go, but I never used it anywhere but my living room so it was kind of a waste to have such a nice amp. Anyway, I had always used my effects with the Roadster and played the F-30 with no effects. Well, once the Roadster sold, I decided to plug up the effects to the F-30 since it is my main amp now. I got a Keeley modded BOSS Blues Driver as a partial trade on the Roadster (very partial), and thought i'd give it a try with my other effects while I was at it.

So, after hooking everything up, I was astonished at my new found tone! The main tone improvement came from the MXR EQ in the loop. I set it for a slight V shape and it brought the amp to life! The second tone improvement came from the Blues Driver which added sustain, saturation, clarity, a little gain, and a bit of compression. Combined with the contour and delay, it was a tonal masterpiece! I had a jam session that night and was floored the whole night at the tone pouring out of the amp.

I was so impressed with the tone that the next day I recorded this video:
http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w262/musicmanjp6/F-30/?action=view&current=F30tonetest.flv

(sorry about the noise in the background. The heat was on...)

I hope it will encourage other people to give the F series amps a chance. A little tweaking and it can sound just as good as amps that cost twice as much...

Let me know your thoughts on my new found tone!

Here's a close-up of the pedal board:
100_1602.jpg

FWIW (again), I'm now using a Keeley MT-2 for my 'modern' gain tones and a vodka mod dyna comp for solo boost (for clean, BD-2, MT-2, and CH2 alike) with outstanding results! I am close to scoring a EVH phase 90 and then I should be set...

Thanks for showing some F30 love... :lol: It sounds even better now that i've made some changes to the cabinet and added some pedals...

Now that your rig is getting hammered down I'd like to make a suggestion of investing in a good set of cables all around. You will probably hear a marked improvement in overall tone/clarity with doing this.

Another suggestion would be to get a loop selector device for your pedals. I know in Japan Noah's Ark is a popular company but I don't know if they are sold in the US.

If you want some better suggestions check out hugeracksinc.com

Greg

wow you got some great sounds out of that little bugger.
I may need to check one of these out as I'm finding that the Rectoverb may be too much amp for just using in my house.

disassembled said:
Now that your rig is getting hammered down I'd like to make a suggestion of investing in a good set of cables all around. You will probably hear a marked improvement in overall tone/clarity with doing this.

Another suggestion would be to get a loop selector device for your pedals. I know in Japan Noah's Ark is a popular company but I don't know if they are sold in the US.

If you want some better suggestions check out hugeracksinc.com

Greg

Thanks for the ideas. I tried a cable kit that had the cable and ends and you make the custom lengths and attach the connections and such and they were all crap. None of them worked after I was done! I decided to give up on that venture after that. A loop box might be a good idea to keep the pedals out of the signal when not in use...

Latest posts

Back