F-30 and F-50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve.T

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new amp, and I've narrowed it down to the F-30 and the F-50 combo amps. I've only had the chance to try the F-30 and it sounds wicked. I'm trying to find an F-50 to play, but in the mean time, can anyone tell me if they have played BOTH, and what noticeable tone differances there are that you have noticed? Please, be specific and honest :D Also, I love the sounds of Vai, Satriani, Petrucci, more of that high vibrant bouncy bright sound. It'd be much appreciated if you could tell me the differances, and maybe perhaps which amp you think would be more to my likings, so when I get a chance to play them, I know what to look for and can go there knowing what to expect.

Thanks guys :)

-Steve

well, the absolute best place to get info on the f-series is here: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=885856&highlight=lounge

Lots of clips in the first post!
b.r. andershoeg[/url]

if you like a brighter tone then you should go with the f-30 since the el84's. i have an f-30 and its an amazing amp and since its 30 watts you can crank it and hear the the amp at its best. :twisted:

I own (and have owned) both (among many other Mesa amps), so here's my 2 cents:

Have: F-30 combo w/V30 (220volt Euro version)
Have: F-30 Short Head plugged into a ThunderCAB (sealed vertical 2x12 with Eminence Black Powder speakers)
Had: F-50 wide combo w/V30 (sold in favor of the F-30 short head)

By far the best of these is the F-30 Head with The ThunderCAB, blew my mind the first time I plugged the head into the ThunderCAB, I thought I was plugged into my dual-recto... this is definitely the way to go... infact I find myself playing through the F-30 with the ThunderCAB way more often than any of my rectos... I think the V30 while a great speaker for consistency in sound might not be a great speaker for every single amp out there... this is obviously the case here.... I will probably be doing a whole bunch of sound clips for comparison purposes in the next month or so and will update this post when I do.

Back