External Cab with a mark 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pigs_Boogie

Reaction score
hiya,

I am new to this board and a brand new boogie owner!

Quick stupid question concerning external cabs and impedance matching.

Anyway, I have a 2 x 12 Cabinet with 2 x 8 Ohm speakers wired in parallel which obviously makes it a 4 ohm cab.

On the back of my Mark 2 I have an 8 ohm, and 2 x 4 ohm output jacks.

ordinarily I would think, "Ok, just plug the cab into the 4 ohm jack and be done with it".

However, in reading the manual(s) I noticed that it said that if I was using two external 8 ohm speakers that I should connect each one individually into the 2 x 4 ohm jacks on the back.

That statement has made something that is always real simplein my mind, pretty confusing.

Am I better off wiring those 2 external speakers to each have their own jack? Or can I safely plug the parallel wired cab into one of the 4 ohm jacks.
I am sure that either would be safe as the boogies are fairly forgiving to impedeance mismatches, however I am curious as to what the differences would be (if any).

Thanks!

A cab with 4 ohms is perfect match at ONE of the two 4 ohm outputs.

If you rewire the cab and connect them as you were thinking will give you the exact same result.

Tony

Be aware, if you connect another 4 ohm speaker to the second 4 ohm output, the amp sees 2 ohms, and that's not desirable.

Latest posts

Back