Ever hear harmony notes (LSC drive channel only)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strumminsix

Reaction score
Playing this morning and I heard a harmony note on my drive channel, not my clean.

It sounded like I had a delay on at like 20 milisenconds.

But not on my clean channel. Is this a bad tube?

I use a low gain setting DRIVE not on and the gain at like 10 o'clock.

Very disturbing...

I get some harmonic feedback when I drive the amp. Actually I like it. I have had my LSC about 2 months, but I don't know how long it was at GC. Tubes are probably not ready to be replaced since I get plenty of chime on the clean channel.

How old are the tubes?

Maybe your guitar setup, not the amp. P'ups too close to the strings can cause that kind of "ghost note"(look here if it happens all the time), as can a string fretting out at one of the harmonic nodes...the prominent ones are 5, 7, and 12 frets above the note you are playing (look here if it only happens on certain notes).

The reason I think its the guitar is how you say it only happens with gain...like the ghost note is so faint you have to boost gain to be able to hear it. A tube CAN be the problem, but in my experience its usually a micrphonic V1, and the ghost note is very obvious and happens all the time along with other dying tube symptoms.

Also look at: truss rod adjustment, worn nut or bridge slots, trem springs can vibrate sympathetically with certain notes.

Well I played with the guitar volume level and it happens with it lower too and for each pickup and the neck is fairly low.

Tubes are fairly new within a month.

Any other thoughts?

Hmmm...interesting. Try a different guitar and see what happens. Maybe it is a tube (most likely v2or 3 if its only the drive channel) but my money is still on the guitar.

A guy on this board was complaining about a similar thing, a pronounced overtone on certain notes sounding like an out of tune harmony note. His problem occurred with a LoneStar Special with a 2X12 Cab I think.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=683&view=previous

WillShred

A speaker? Guess I missed that one, but it makes perfect sense especially after reading what Weber had to say on the subject.

An easy fix, and should be covered under warranty as well.

Good eye, WillShred !!!

Have to rule out different speaker since it did not do it on both channels.

Tried different guitars and something similar happend but not exact.
The second guitar had an immediate "echo" sound vs. delay.

Latest posts

Back