EQ Pedal for a Mark II C+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phantomlord2oo

Reaction score
Hey, I just bought a Mesa/Boogie Mark II C+ Coliseum amp head. It doesn't have the built in EQ or reverb (I don't like 'verb anway so no problem). I was wondering what the best EQ pedal would be to give the same effect as the on board EQ. I'll be using the pedal in the FX loop (naturally). Bypass doesn't matter as it'll be on all the time. Thanks in advance.

I also currently have a DOD 7 Band EQ and a Boss EQ-20 Digital EQ pedals lying around. I haven't tried them yet (the amp's coming in next Monday).

Is there any way that I can send it to Mesa and have them put the EQ in? If it is possible, how much (roughly) would it cost?

+Mike+

Hmm.....I've never A/B'd an EQ with the onboard before.

The only thing that I could see being a problem is the slider Qs. If you're going for that authentic Mesa EQ sound they set theirs at 80, 240, 750, 2200, and 6600.....which seems to compliment this amps voiceing really well. The Qs on Boss and MXR pedals are nowhere near those frequencies.

Latest posts

Back