Entered the Mark III family

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony777

Reaction score
Here it is, Early III black stripe (vertical though) DRGX #15527 with the X101 transformer. I totally retubed her today, with five brand new mesa russian 2 preamp tubes, Mesa STR 415 in the 6L6 sockets, and TAD EL34's in the class A sockets, and gave her a good amount of cleaning.
The previous owner told me he had used her A LOT.

I haven't done any comparing with my C+'s or the Mark IV, or the Triaxis/ Fifty/fifty, but **** it sounds great.

One thing I noticed, these faceplates are probably leftovers form the C+.
The Pull rhythm 2 line is added later on with spray paint or something, not the same material as the rest of the letters.
And if you look closely it's not exactly in line with the rest of the Pull line.

Anyway.
Some pictures with my phone cam, not the best camera though.

MarkIIIfront2.jpg

MarkIIIrearview.jpg

congrats! :D
I just came to agreement with a seller for a Red stripe myself.
Can't wait for it to get here!!! 8)

Where did you find the Mesa STR 415 tubes and the Russian 2 tubes ? I'm looking on buying them for my mark iv ...

Dror520 said:
Where did you find the Mesa STR 415 tubes and the Russian 2 tubes ? I'm looking on buying them for my mark iv ...
The russian 2 is the ones they sell in all stores nowadays, and lucky me I love them. The STR 415 is a bit more rare, and ebay was my friend.

if you look closely they say chinese 1, but I believe you can walk into any music instrument store and ask for the mesa 12ax7 and make sure it's the ones you want, but the chinese ones may be as good.

Latest posts

Back