EMG 81/85 + the 20db gain switch -- Pretty hip kidz!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony1967

Reaction score
Yo Homies:

I got the EMG 81/85 set plus the 20db switch and so far it rips w/ my Triple Rec (put it in my ESP EC-1000 Deluxe). I have dialed the pot in the back of the 20db switch to about 60% and am now able to roll off the gain on the amp and get some great definition and clarity. The only downside is that there is some hiss (nothing that my BOSS noise suppressor can't handle). Being that it is a switch, I can flick it off at any point.

Anybody else using the 20db switch? What are your settings and experience using the switch with effects units (particularly a chorus)?

Does it get uber-noisy?

Thanks--

Anthony1967
:twisted:

been wanting to try it, just ain`t done it yet. love the idea of pushing the front of my tripl w/o a gay pedal!

Still gotta get a chance to play it ballz out, but I can tell you this-- I can now pull the gain back on channel 3 to about half way. Really, I got the idea after some catz were talking about using a clean line booster pedals. Didn't wanna add a gay pedal either, so this was the way to go...

--a gay switch!

Anthony1967
:twisted:

Back