EFX & Mk IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disassembled

Reaction score
There are quite a few options:

TC:
G System
G Force

Rocktron:
Intellifex
Replifex
Xpression (their latest offering)

Digitech:
GSP1101

Greg

Boss GT-6 or Boss GT-8. Good mod. effects, good distortions ( For something different then the MKIV ) Great EQ. I can't play through my markIV without adding some extra EQ to thicken up the tone. Just MHO. I use a GT-6 through the loop, which works well except for the wah which sounds like ***. If you use it through the front of the amp the wah sounds decent. There are easy boost settings that don't color your tone to completly different soundscapes depending on what you want. I have been using boss effects forever and my ear seems trained to them. I find a lot of the other newer units out there to be too modeled, i.e. digitech, korg ( If that makes sense ) The TC electronics stuff is cool, but for the price of the G major you can get a processor that is just as good ( Again my opinion ) with tried and true modulation effects, great delays, hardcore distortions for you death metal cravings. Just my 2 cents.

i've never used one, but from what i've read on here it seems a lot of people on this forum really like the G Major with the Mark IV's serial loop, whereas it may be a little trickier to use with the parallel loop on rectifiers.. (someone jump in if i'm wrong)

i know a couple people who have recently picked up the Boss ME-50 as an affordable, floor-based, all-in-one multifx unit, without all the amp modeling mumbo-jumbo that's in a lot of multifx units like the Boss GTs and PODs and the like.. they're all way stoked on it.. fair price, classic Boss effects, pretty sturdy contruction, and not overly complicated to set up

Latest posts

Back