Effects Loop Problems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red or Orange?

• Red

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Fuzz

Reaction score
I cant seem to get a good " studio-ish" sound with my effects loop on my Triple Rect. Head....anyone have some experience with multiverbs and effect loop balance?

why does it say red or orange?

anyway if you are using boss style pedals (any stompbox basically) it will be running at -10 levels, unbalanced "instrument" level, and the effects loop in the rectifier is designed for +4 levels when the send knob is set at the marked "normal position", back it down to a little above 9 oclock to compensate for the fact that youll slam the inputs of your stompboxes when its set at normal, and also watch your channel masters, on modern settings, no higher then about 10 oclock, anywhere above that and youll get into an area where youll have a hard time dialing in effects, anyway with the mix (return knob) preferably run your effects 100 percent and then set that mix knob at the desired level, now if you are running multiple different effects and this will be a problem having one effect level set then your only option is to run the mix knob up higher, at normal or a bit more and use the mix knob on the effects but you will lose tone. there are a few things to note tho, you will have to run your master volume a bit higher because the effects loop send also dictates the volume when the loop is switched off. but trust me its fine, it actually gives you more versatility because at a certain point the volume increase on the knob will be negligible if the amp is getting loud really early on in rotation of the knob, so this way it wont be so touchy, and your volume will not suffer, you will never have any reason to run a rec. at 10 on the master volume.

also even with the mix knob at 10 percent you will notice a slight volume drop of the original unadulterated signal, with the loop on. because you are in fact only running 90 percent of the original signal, and with an effect like delay the extra 10 percent will be made up in the delayed signal but thats the nature of effects in general, you could make it up by making the effects mix settings not entirely wet but you can run into phase issues and tone issues, as your orignal supposed uneffected signal will now be processed slightly by the effect which is not desirable, as there are probably no effect that when on can pass a signal thru all that circuitry and maintain the same tone

anyway i dont know if this is what you are asking for but i have had many issues with my effects loop and have bought things to rectify (no pun intended) my rectifiers loop situation but i found a full understanding of the signal flow is all you need to get it to work, because at the end of the day many pros are using these amps live and in the studio and they certainly dont do anything special with theres to help (unless you are talking about bands who run one completely effect signal into the PA and the sound guy blends it etc. but that is a whole different story)

but for studio sound, this will be extremely close about as close as you can get, i am an engineer, i track, mix and do post in nyc so this is about as good as you can get before getting into rack mount studio quality effects, which of course run at +4 which would make life simpler, pedals are more authentic anyway;)

anyway hope that helped in some way

Latest posts

Back