ED vs 65 Fender Deluxe reverb clean

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC 1911

Reaction score
So can someone that has a 65 Fender Deluxe reverb tell me if the ED can copy that kind of clean sound.

I don't know specifically about the deluxe reverb clean, but the cleans are very fender. Perhaps slightly darker is about all.

only fender i have owned was a fender deville. the ED has just as good of a clean tone as my deville did. not too sure about a 65 deluxe though...

I should of said that it is a 1965 deluxe and not just a 65 deluxe. So the sound is more on the vintage side.

ya i dont know. never played that amp. mesa just markets the clean channel as an american "clean." In the ED manual it says the clean was derived from a mix of the mark 1 and classic fender amps. So i bet it is just a general amerian voiced clean, meaning big round lows with sparkling highs. My dad was shocked when he played my ED (he is an old school fender and marshall guy). he couldn't believe how "fendery" the clean sounded.

Well it looks like I need to try the ED again but for more than five minutes this time so I'll stop buy the local GC this weekend and play it again.

Back