dual rectoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesanomad100

Reaction score
Anybody modded there dual rec with a reverb tank???I love to use reverb but I also love my dual rec. I only really like spring reverb which has been run through a tube so a pedal doesnt really do it for me,I have found you can pick up a reverb tank for about $30,and putting it into the head should only take my tech a little bit of time as well,anybody done this,wouldnt mind doin it with mine,I would just have to find where to mount the tank

mesanomad100 said:
Anybody modded there dual rec with a reverb tank???I love to use reverb but I also love my dual rec. I only really like spring reverb which has been run through a tube so a pedal doesnt really do it for me,I have found you can pick up a reverb tank for about $30,and putting it into the head should only take my tech a little bit of time as well,anybody done this,wouldnt mind doin it with mine,I would just have to find where to mount the tank

i really dont know, but my guess is that isnt so easy to install the verb. the tech will have to mod something on the main board to put that in . . .especially if it's tube driven.

let's see what boogiebabies or other skilled tech guys says about it . . .

It's pretty involved.

You need to add the following:

Reverb Tank
Reverb Driver Transformer
Preamp Tube
Reverb Circuit

This mod may or may not be easy for your tech. It would depend on his experience, expertise, and available space in the chassis.

This would run you anywhere from $300 to $600, depending on the difficulty level and the price per hour that your tech charges.

It's not for the faint of heart.

I think the best thing for you to do would be to get a Tremoverb. In my opinion, they sound better than the Dual Rec anyway.

Another option would be to get a kit that allows you to add the reverb. I think that Weber VST (www.tedweber.com) sells one, and there used to be a guy on Ebay that sold one. They are about $300 to $400 for the kit though.

This is kind of like wanting a Porche engine in your Ferrari.

cheers all,the tech is very experianced,he is the mesa tech for the only distributor of mesa stuff in the uk,he is very good,he also has his own preamp called the emerson williams preamp,he isd amazing but would still cost a hell of a lot,im thinking the tremoverb could be the way forward,if its gonna cost about the same as a used tremoverb :roll:

The T-Verb doesn't have as many channels as the 3-channel Recto, and it doesn't have the Solo function.

I used a Maxon CP-101 Compressor Pedal in front of mine and it gave it just the boost I was looking for in my solos.

yeah I would use my 3 channel as my main amp then I would a/b between them,set the t-verb completly different and keep the reverb or trem on both its channels all the time so all I would need to do is change the amp and my sound would be there with reverb and all,Its a good idea and it sorta settles the poll I had goin here called the great debate :wink:

Back