Dual Recto Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently purchased my first Mesa Boogie amp which I can't stop talking about and I have a few questions about its operation. Thanks in advance for any help as it is greatly appreciated...so here are my questions.

1. I would like to get a compressor and noise gate to clean up the high gain sound for recording purposes; what would be the best placement of the devices? In between the head and cab? FX Loop?

2. Right when I turn my head on there is a short noise for a split second, kinda sounds like a bug flapping its wings. Is that anything to be worried about?

3. After turning my amp on and playing in one channel the first time I switch channels I get a loud pop through my speakers, every channel change after that is fine but I was wondering if that was normal or not?

1. I would like to get a compressor and noise gate to clean up the high gain sound for recording purposes; what would be the best placement of the devices? In between the head and cab? FX Loop?

3. After turning my amp on and playing in one channel the first time I switch channels I get a loud pop through my speakers, every channel change after that is fine but I was wondering if that was normal or not?[/quote]

i like to run all my effect through my loop, this is just how i like to do things. my amp does the same thing when switching channels, it only does it that one time, i don't know why, i figure when it starts doin it more frequently i'll get it checked out, i here alot of people on here have that problem

1: I like to place everything in the effects loop also.

2: It's probably just the transformer being brought up to voltage. I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets worse.

3: The 3 channel Rectos do that when you change channels for the first time after powering up. Something about the FETs. If it annoys you, just go thru the buttons while the amps is on standby.

Latest posts

Back