dual rectifier tubes? opinions wanted

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempest1226

Reaction score
hey everyone. Ok. I have a 3 channel dual rec that i just got modded to a series loop. I really want to get some tubes that can help with my tone. When i tried a roadster i was amazed at how much tighter the sound was even at low volumes with high gain than the dual rec. What are the best tubes for the dual rectifier that can get me the tightest (usable) high gain with possible getting rid of alot of the fizz high frequencies the dual rec gives off. Im looking to rekit the whole deal. Rectifier tubes, powertubes, and preamp tubes. But want to get rid of the fuzz sound and get more usable high gain. I would like to have that gain where the gain is around 12:00 and you still have really really really good sustain even to do some shred type lead work. Any help would be awesome. Im definitly going to dougs tubes from all the good ive heard about them. Ok friends. laterrrrr

First I totally dug the JJEL34L, but for the stuff that I am doing now I went to a JJ6L6, which to me is my tube of choice for this amp. While the EL did give the amp a different sonic personality, I think the 6l6 just fit the amp better. As for the choice of tubes, you will find just as many opinions as there are guitar players, so just use your ears for what is best for you. I have tried different brands of tubes, but I have yet to put a bias adjustment on this sucker, so all I can say is that for me the JJ has the complex mids and high end that sounds more ear friendly. But again, this is just one guys opinion. Have fun and don't go to crazy with tubes. :}

Latest posts

Back