Dual Rectifier Roadster Combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogiebound

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I looked through quite a few pages for anything about this amp, but I was just wondering if anyone has it? Im looking for a really versatile amp for doing anything from SRV to VH to some but not a lot of metal. This amp looks like it might be the ticket, but would love to have some feedback. A local shop will have one in 3 weeks, but if anyone has sound clips I would LOVE to hear them!
Thanks for any input !

-M.

With the music you described you would probably be happier with a Stiletto Ace or Deuce. If SRV is your main vein, a Lonestar should fit the bill nicely as well, with an OD pedal for VH tunes, but the stiletto will do metal beter IMO.

The Recto's are great amps, but if you are not playing much metal you may be happier with the amps I mentioned. If the Roadster is all you have for a choice, It will get the job done.

If you can, at least try these amps before you shell out that amount of money.

Dom

Hey thanks Dom!

Im just not really familiar with Mesa at all, and want the most versatile amp I can afford. I read about the Dual Rec Roadster combo, and thought it was be a great choice...I play a real wide variety of styles, not really into any of the newer hardcore metal, but more of the old school bay area thrash stuff, as well as a little SRV, VH, and just hard rock. A half stack isnt out of the question, but I wouldnt have any idea what route to go with there. There really aren't any dealers where I live, so hearing one in person is going to be a huge challenge. As far as axes I'll be using...Jackson custom shop with EMG's, Ibanez 540 with EMG hums, and a Musicman Axis.

I did just find a post about how heavy this combo is using the SEARCH function...imagine that...LOL. So thats something to think about.

-M

Back