Dual Rectifier and pedal boards... Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdk737

Reaction score
I have a Dual Rectifier and a 4X12 Rectifier cab and would like to start using some effects. Can anyone share what kind of luck they have had using a pedal board like a Boss ME-50 of something similar? I don't want to make my amp sound too digital. I like to play Tool, Van Halen, Pink Floyd and some Blues and would like to get a little closer to there sounds.

To me pedals sound better. A good place to start would be a good Delay. I myself am using the new Boss RE-20 Space Echo......Talk about Pink Floyd. This Echo is amazing, it is very warm and lush. I am also using a Script Phase 90 by MXR also very warm and nice sounding ala Van Halen phase sounds. For reverb I am using a verbzilla. Also I am running a Xotic BB preamp on my clean channel for a nice bluesy overdrive and also a Xotic RC clean boost on my dirty channel for a little more drive. I found that pedals sound better in my Stiletto Deuce Stage II. At first I was running a TC Electronics M-One XL through it. It sounded to pristine for guitar.

Good luck with your choices.

Dave~

Stiletto Deuce Stage II
Stiletto 2X12 Cab

I myself am a pedal guy, I opted for a TC Electronics GMajor for the simplicity and also I run it out of my Recording output to the G Major then to my Peavy Classic 30 on left and a Fender Ultima Chorus on the right . This way I don't screw up my tone in my Road King and I get really cool spacial effects. I do prefer peddles in the end though, their a bit funner to route and configure but it gets complicated after awhile and also expensive for the good stuff.

TC Electronics is $380, I would easily spend over $1000 on Retail or Boutiqe pedals or a few years building and configuring my own. I do still make effects, but its more of a hobby than anything else.

The PODxt series (bean and live) both sounded pretty good with my rectos. I bypassed the cab simulator and the amps on most of the settings and just used the FX or stomp boxes in the unit. The same with the Vox TonelabSE I had, just he FX.

Back