Dual Rec with Sonic Maximizer

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richey

Reaction score
I am trying to incorporate by BBE Sonic Mazimizer 362 with my Dual Rec. I am going for a Mark Tremonti on the Human Clay album kind of tone. Does anyone have ay suggestions regarding the setting for the Low Contour and the Process knobs on the Sonic Maximizer. I want to sound to be "sonicly maximized" but retain that growl that I get from the amp in combination with my LP. I have fooled around with the mix knob a little in the FX loop and I have it at about 10 o'clock. Anyone who may have experience with this and can help with how to get the sound you want out of this thing will be appreciated. If you think I don't even need the BBE, that is also up for consideration.

I would be tempted to leave it out completely. BBE's are fun to experiment with at home, but never really help how the amp sits in a band mix. I'm a newby myself with a DR, but it seems from a logical standpoint that the voicing of most rectifiers do not need to be further 'maximized' with more extreme lows and highs. I have only used a BBE to add chunk to more mid-focused amplifiers, and even then, it was best suited for bedroom practice. . . so I might not be the best person to answer.

I have never been able to get a good sound out of a Sonic Maximizer... it seems like it takes out the mids and just sucks out frequencies...

The amp sounds good enough without extra...

A BBE is a horrible idea for a Rectifier....IMO, all amps in general, but a rectifier even more so.

You DO NOT want to boost the highs and lows on a Recto.....the amp is scooped in the mids enough.

Get rid of it....you can get a Tremonti tone with a Dual Rectifier no problem.

Latest posts

Back