Dual Rec first tone clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishSasquatch

Reaction score
i had a late nigth itch to hear my mesa, so i decided to record a lil soudclip of how it sounds. actually its a vid from my digicam. volume at around 1, (u canear me picking over the amp voolume even)
Settings: thsi is in 1-10 settings)
Volume: 1 (cant crank with witht eh aprtents home)
Gain-6
treble: 9
mids: 6
bass: 7.5
presence: 4
guitar: epi g400, stock pups,
amp: 94 dual rec
cab: behringer BG412H
reciding device: Kodak C743 camera

link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8oMWWOP2KY
tell me what u think

i know playing is ****, iw as jst strumming sum random ****. ill get decnet clips up sumtiem with better lighting and whatnot (not thats theyres anythign rel to see tho lol)

Nice and beefy just like i love it. Gain is kept on the low side which IMO enables for us to hear through the real tone of the guitar more and that is great. Really reminds me of my 2 channel triple recto. Great amps for sure and I'll give it to you, you got it dialed in right. At least for my taste :D It sounds really close to what i had with mine.

I would say have more mids but im 99% sure the cam is scooping the tone a little.

thanks man:D yeha i really dig my tone. its heaven when its cranked. AS to the camera scooping mids, it kind of muffles them a bit and it sodusn more closed than in real life. thanks for the comment :wink:

Very nice (say like Borat) ! High five !

I'm amazed you can get such a nice tone at such low volumes. I bet it realy sings when you crank it !

Peace ! Tim

guitar sounds out, and that tone fuk what crap, sorry fella but thats sucks.
not your guitar playing, just your tone. low volume and shi ty cam dont help to, prob sounds better than it does, but from that, crap tone.

Living_justice said:
guitar sounds out, and that tone fuk what crap, sorry fella but thats sucks.
not your guitar playing, just your tone. low volume and shi ty cam dont help to, prob sounds better than it does, but from that, crap tone.
id like to hear your recordings :)

Yeah I wasn't that keen. It's only cause it's recorded on a camera and they never do the tone any justice. Would love to hear it recorded another way. Nothing wrong with the playing though! I imagine it sounds awesome otherwise.

Cheers

well just wait and see, when my band finish recording or demo, and i av all ready posted clips, but the amps are not mesas. peavey valve king and a line 6, fuk it hear they are, they are rough clips tho, we played live for thos recordings fella, with no voxs yet. :lol: we will record with a mark 4 and a 2 channel recto. :p also i dont think that rectos tone can play thos songs at that fast, it will turn in to mush. :lol:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644871

lving justice, i lstend to ur clips., quality is terribel, btu man thsoe songs are sounding real tight!!! reminds me of bioharzard mixed with anthrax with a bit of LOG

Living_justice said:
well just wait and see, when my band finish recording or demo, and i av all ready posted clips, but the amps are not mesas. peavey valve king and a line 6, fuk it hear they are, they are rough clips tho, we played live for thos recordings fella, with no voxs yet. :lol: we will record with a mark 4 and a 2 channel recto. :p also i dont think that rectos tone can play thos songs at that fast, it will turn in to mush. :lol:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644871
sounds nice although crap quality recording. I'm sure it will be better in a real recording. But here's the thing. It's super different from what polish has. You can't really call a tone "crap" if it's not your cup of tea you know? >>>guitar sounds out, and that tone fuk what crap, sorry fella but thats sucks. <<< This is pretty rude if you know what i mean. Obviously some of us like it. You don't have to disrespect our opinions..

Just a thought.

Again, nice clip & thanks for posting it ! Considering the fact that you just sat down (at night even) turned on a camera & then posted it for comment is very cool. Camera's add all kinds of high end to the audio too. Not my style, but I think it's great !

UdaMann ! Really !

yea i have to agree with lnth...

just cuz you dont like it doesnt mean it sucks. the quality sucks because its through a camera and the guy wanted to show the tone. it doesn;t have to be a professionally engineered recording for you to able to tell what the true tone is. someone with a good ear can cut through the shortcomings of amateur recording to hear what the amp sounds like.

Aramism said:
yea i have to agree with lnth...

just cuz you dont like it doesnt mean it sucks. the quality sucks because its through a camera and the guy wanted to show the tone. it doesn;t have to be a professionally engineered recording for you to able to tell what the true tone is. someone with a good ear can cut through the shortcomings of amateur recording to hear what the amp sounds like.

i agree. i'm not saying i have the ear of bob rock or dr dre, but i could tell the tone in the room sounded good on the first video clip.

**** living_justice. Your an ******* but i really liked your songs. For real. They were very tight and good regardless of quality. Very impressed, you ran your mouth and backed it up. Props for the playing and music, try and be a little nicer k. Instead of doggin on someone elses thread you could have posted ur own and we would have all respected you and your music, now you make a bad image for yourself even though your stuff is good.

BTW thread starter nice thick tone and you let your axe come through the gain. Sounds good :D

thanks dual rec but, thats how i feel about the tone just crap thats all,
like i said no disrespect playing was good but the cam didnt help the tone. :lol: just to say, you can get a better tone out that crapy amp. 8)

Living_justice said:
thanks dual rec but, thats how i feel about the tone just crap thats all,
like i said no disrespect playing was good but the cam didnt help the tone. :lol: just to say, you can get a better tone out that crapy amp. 8)
Less guitar, more social skills is all I have to say :roll:

Latest posts

Back