Dual Rec 3ch, Second channel Presence Control question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kramerxxx

Reaction score
On my amp the Presence control for Ch2 doesn't seem to make any difference, (or very little), when I have the channel set to Raw or Modern but does when set to Vintage.

Anybody else notice this?

I know that in the book Mesa says that they are voiced different but I would have expected there to be the same level of control across all three voicing for channel 2, and that is not the case.

I use channel 2 mostly for Vintage but just curious if anyone else experiences this too.

thanks.

I answered my own question on this. I just got back from the dealer where I checked this out on another Dual Rec.

This is Normal behavior. I checked it on another Dual and a Triple. The Presence control does almost NOTHING in Channel 2/Raw & Modern but works as you'd expect in Vintage.

Weird, but true.

Tone shaping for the #2 presence is compleatly different from the #3 channel. Ever notice that you have to almost be "fully open" on #2 to get the same responce as half way on #3.
Glad you ruled out the problem.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it "does nothing". It's not as sensitive as channel 3 presence control but it definitely does something.

Latest posts

Back