Dual Caliber vs. Nomad vs. F-Series

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosajwp

Reaction score
These are typically seen as Mesa's more affordable amp series, but after owning a DC-10, I know they didn't skimp when it comes to tone. For those of you who have tried more than one of these, how do you think they rate to each other? Are the later Nomad and F-Series amps of the same build quality as the DC's (I know companies sometimes cut corners on product redesigns)?

I would have to say "yes" to equal build quality.

Some of the first Nomads had "bad pot" issues, but by now all that should be fixed and only a historical footnote.

I had a "DC+" amp head for a short while. It was a 2 x 6L6 if memory serves. I traded it and some cash for my Nomad 55 4x10.

-Gary K

I actually went from a early DC-5 to a Nomad 100 head...never looked back. Great build quality.
I seem to remember the pot issue being with the F-series (plastic shafts), but hey it was like 7 years ago now when I was looking and talking with the guys at amps at boogie HW so I could be way off.
The Nomad nas never given me any reason to dislike it, just lots of reasons to keep on lovin' it.
I think the "affordable" comes form there not being a tube and a SS Rectifier in one amp, less parts, if you know what I mean.

nomads, if you can find one, cost a **** load more than recto's here...close to roadster prices.

nomads can be bought very inexpensively....i paid 500. at g.c. for a used 55....jack of all trades, master of none.

Back