Driving 2 amps at the same time? Sound?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jii

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I´m new here. I have owned Mesa amps for years now, but for some reason I did´nt know of this forum until recently. I have a Mesa 4X12 3/4 back cab, Triaxis, 50/50, MKIV head and a Single Recto. I have never tried playing 2 amps on at the same time. Does it really sound good? Like "thick" sounding? Like allmost as you double tracks in studio? So :?: and a :?:

If you are running two amps that sound at least a little different, you'd be amazed at how cool it sounds. If you are running two amps that sound the same, put a stereo chorus in between them and separate them by a few feet. You'll love the result!

no soul said:
it can sound cool, but you gotta be pretty careful with the set up and what not, otherwise it can turn ugly quick.

Its not worth the hassle for me though.
I agree. I found it much easier and more gratifing just to run a stereo rig.

I want to do the same thing for my modulation effects(run 2 amps at the same time)

It is like having 2 guitarists with two differant amps. You can benefit from the 2 differant sounds. And the stereo effects. I hope you have a roadie It is a hassle for one person alone with all that equipment.

Ill probably end up doing it anyway.

Latest posts

Back