DR solo boost question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBCwanabe

Reaction score
Is it normal for my solo boost to be on when i first turn my amp on?

It happens when i have the foot switch option selected for the FX loop. The boost will be on and sometimes the FX will be selected and the lights on the foot switch will be on.

Is tihs bad/normal?

Thanks! Russ

I wouldn't worry about it. When I turn mine on it automatically lights up Solo and 2nd Channel.

Mine does this but only if the amp is on standby, warming up, and I plug the pedal in. I would not worry about it. I think Mesa wires up some default setting or something because 90% of the mesa users I know claim that their MESA is in channel 2 when they start. Hell, one day I plugged my pedal in and all the **** lights were on, lol. It wont hurt it, there's nothing wrong with it, just step on the switch and turn it off

well the thing is that 90% of the time when i turn the amp on, all of the lights on the pedal are lit. Im just wondering if mabey there is a short in the pedal or somthing

no. it just closes the circuit and it gets funky when you plug it in. if the pedal works correctly, there is nothing wrong with it. Its just a weird thing that these amps tend to do

My Road King "King Kontroller" is always different every time I plug it in as to what is lit up. Some times nothing is lit up, and sometimes 2-6 lights are on. I learned a trick last year to keep my channels from popping that plays along with the pedal light thing: When you flip your amp on, before taking it out of stand-by step on all the buttons and then put it back on the channel you want it on (along with everythign else you want at first) and then take it out of stand by. No more pops!

Latest posts

Back