DR Roadster 1x12 Footswitch Cable

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

para20033

Reaction score
Hi Guys

New owner of a Roadster with some of the footswitch functions not working.

I would like to know how many pins you have inside the plug of your footswitch cable, my cable has five.

Thanks

Five pins? That's strange, my Roadster head has seven pins in the footswitch lead.

Ciao ...

Thanks Guys

I think you've explained why my Tuner mute, EFX loop and reverb are not working from the footswitch. In the Roadster manual it states that it is a 8 pin cable, I wonder why there is only seven in your cables, maybe it's typo.

I'll let the Mesa dealer know that i think I may have found the problem, that just leaves the 3rd channel popping noise and noisy fan to fix assuming the Roadster uses a fan for cooling because something is whining away in the amp.

Thanks

My third channel pops a few times until it has been on for about ten minutes. There is no fan in the head version, I can only guess it would be the same for the combo. The tranny can hum slighly but that's about it.

Ciao ...

I recently added the resistor required in the early Roadsters , so i had the chassis out and there is indeed a fan! It is a bit noisy if you are in your living room with the volume low, but you can't notice it at louder volumes. I haven't figured out how to turn it off for recording yet...

ursinus - Recording is exactly why I want the fan to run quieter, mine seems to rattle and buzz sometimes.

You can by high spec PC case fans that a very quiet in operation..

Back