Does your RK II pop between Ch. 3 and 4 ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red Barchetta said:
Mine did that early on, but when I had the tech update done (at my authorized Boogie repair shop) it fixed it.

RB

What tech update?

About 2 years ago, maybe 3 now, there was a problem with diodes I believe in the RK....this upgrade? tech fix? recall? repaired that problem.

RB

That was the RK 1 diode update. My RK 1 had that done from the factory.
Now I have the RK II and it pops from Ch. 4 Modern back to Ch. 3 Vintage and it's loud and does not go away.

Ok Red,

So just to be clear you were talking about the RK 1 correct?

My series II has the same popping problem. It also tends to fade in too when going from cleans on CH1 to dirty sounds on 3 or 4. Instead of the Distortion coming straight in it kind of gradually builds up to full gain but within a second or so. Still well annoying.
Anybody else?

I actually had the V1 Blow up last night. There was glass everywhere !!!
I turned it on and there was no sound. I checked the masters and speaker cable and scratched my head. I pulled the chassis out and removed the V1 shield an she was all white. I went to lift it out and it cut me like a chef at the Hibachi Grill. It had broken in two !! Then, I stuck my finger in there and there was a pin stuck in the socket. I went to pull it out with my fingers and it was like getting a diabetes test. It popped my skin and I had a Monty Python Salad Days gusher. I had to pull the rest out with pliers.

I popped a 12AX7M in there and she still pops. The amp still sounds great, but what a ***** night.

Boogiebabies said:
I actually had the V1 Blow up last night. There was glass everywhere !!!
I turned it on and there was no sound. I checked the masters and speaker cable and scratched my head. I pulled the chassis out and removed the V1 shield an she was all white. I went to lift it out and it cut me like a chef at the Hibachi Grill. It had broken in two !! Then, I stuck my finger in there and there was a pin stuck in the socket. I went to pull it out with my fingers and it was like getting a diabetes test. It popped my skin and I had a Monty Python Salad Days gusher. I had to pull the rest out with pliers.

I popped a 12AX7M in there and she still pops. The amp still sounds great, but what a sh!t night.

****, that's rough man.

Yes...I was talking about the RK I....didn't realize we were discussing the 2...um...no...wait...I was TESTING you...yeah...that's it...and guess what? YOU PASSED!!!!

Sorry for the confusion....I seem to live my life that way sometimes...I think I need a beer....huh? Nevermind.

RB

Boogiebabies said:
I spoke to Mesa and they said the new tubes have an issue with cracking when they cool down. This sucker split in two !!!!

Did they say if they have addressed the issue or if the current tubes are better now? I'm expecting my Roadster in about a month and I don't want to deal with **** tubes right off the bat.

That sucks to hear. Are they sending you new tubes? Any resolution with the channel popping. I have a triple channel dual rectifier that pops but only the first time I switch out of channel 2, then it's done. Your RK shouldn't keep doing that. Hopefully you get that taken care of.

The tube is on the way, but the pop will have to wait until Mesa finds a fix on it. This is the same reason I ditched my 2000 3 channel. It sounds like a .22 Caliber rifle.

never mind about the Ruby's. . thought they were 6L6's, or EL34's .. I see they are 12AX7's.

Latest posts

Back