Does LSC + LSS = Tone Nirvana?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdortona

Reaction score
I just picked up a LSS a few weeks ago (for the 3rd time - can't stay away from them) and digging it! However, I am curious to hear from folks who own both models,whether the two amps are that grossly different tone-wise (taking into consideration power tube differences and the Class A/AB issue) or whether the differences were more subtle. Kind of like drinking different years of the same wine. My experience playing the Egnater amps with the power tube blend dial was one of subtle differences, but I also could be comparing apples and oranges too. Curious to hear what others think.

Matt

I don't own a Lone Star, so take what I say as a grain of salt. :)

Both LSS and LSC are class AB or class A, depending on the wattage. Class A is only in the lowest power setting on both amps.

I have played both amps, and while they are different, they are much more similar than different. If you have 3 or 4 settings that you like on your amp, but only have 2 channels to work with, another amp would allow you to use those other sounds that were previously unavailable.

If you have the scratch, a LSS/LSC setup is something I personally would LOVE to own, so I say go for it! Good luck explaining to your wife why you need a second (almost) identical amp, though. :D

Back