Does anyone else do this or am I crazy?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody777

Reaction score
My main rig: Gibson LP Studio (Jazz/JB) --> Tremoverb head --> Recto 2x12.

I pretty much live in the modern red channel, although I need a decent clean sound. I run my gain just a little below noon and get the volume up high enough for band practice that it still screams with my LP bridge pickup at 10.

For cleans, I just can't dial in a tone I like on the orange channel. However, I really like the tone when I roll back my bridge pickup to 3. It cleans up amazingly considering the amount of gain it has at 10. At 10, I get metal chunk, at 8 I get great hard rock tones, at 5 I get semi-dirty rock tones, at 3 I get clean.

I plan to buy a volume pedal so I can do this hands-free. Anybody else use their Recto like a single channel amp? And yes, the clean is still loud enough. I upgrades my volume pots with 500K CTS Audio Taper pots... that may or may not make a difference.

Yes, I like to play like that also! Sometimes that abrupt footswitch does'nt fit the mood! I'll also use a coil-tap which will clean things up quite well, that's one thing I always liked about PRS guitars, they're greatly versatile through single channel amps!

Glad I'm not the only one 8)

I've been playing with the JB for so long that I can't honestly remember what the 498T sounds like. I like the JB though... very tight, very crisp but still has a lot of dynamics. I think the 498T isn't as bright and might sounds a little fuller, but through a Tremoverb I don't need any more fullness. I think the JB is a good match for the Rectos. And it's really versatile (read my first post).

I've been doing that for years. I also roll back the tone knob for rhythm to sit further back in the mix and roll it back up to sit on top of the mix. Those knobs were put there for a reason... :wink:

Latest posts

Back