Distortion from the EQ

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tube_amp_guy

Reaction score
I have noticed that when I have the master on channel 1 above 50% I get a very low level distortion from the EQ (basically "under" the note). Happens to both the sliders and the preset, no matter of the EQ levels. Has anyone else noticed this? Typically I wouldn't consider this an issue, however to match levels with channel 2 and 3 I have to have them VERY low (9 o'clock). On channel 1 I have it set for Fat with the gain and master at noon.

Anyone else noticed this?

This is not a problem with the amp. The Mark V is not like most amps where you can set everything on 5 and go. The more gain you apply the less you can use eq. The manual says it better. I usually start by turning all the eq to zero and than dial up bass first than mid etc. It took me awhile to figure this out. I wonder how many people bailed on this amp, at first, not taking the time to figure out how to dial it in? It is very confusing at first. I also found it easier to get bottom out of the 1 x 12" combo by using EQ in the effects loop. By adding external EQ I get all the bottom and don't have to worry about distorting the EQ. I hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back