Diezel VH4 or Boogie MKIV for recording?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Autocrat

Reaction score
I plan to track some heavy rhythm parts this weekend and wonder which amp I should rent, a Diezel VH4 or Mesa MKIV?

The style is in the vein of Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, TOOL. Carvin and Shecter humbucker guitars through an Avatar 2x12 cab with v30 and GH120.

Thanks

Autocrat said:
I plan to track some heavy rhythm parts this weekend and wonder which amp I should rent, a Diezel VH4 or Mesa MKIV?

The style is in the vein of Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, TOOL. Carvin and Shecter humbucker guitars through an Avatar 2x12 cab with v30 and GH120.

Thanks

chevelle=mark4
tool=diezel
breaking benjamin is probably close to diezel, but they use hughes and kettner amps

Just pick which one you'd like best...I can't speak for diezel, but I know the mark4 will give you great cleans, liquid smooth solos, and a devastatingly tight distortion.

I would rent the Diezel VH4, gonna be a little easier to get a wide array of tones out of it, while the Mark IV takes a lot more tweaking.

I would plug my guitar in before i made my choice. You might have a maple board Strat that hates heavy distortion for all we know so you're Amp choice is governed by what guitar you have

Elpelotero said:
Autocrat said:

Thanks

chevelle=mark4
tool=diezel
breaking benjamin is probably close to diezel, but they use hughes and kettner amps

+1. i'd say go VH4 just becaus that is what i'd go with. simply because i've always wanted to play a diezel.

just as a side note...i think breaking benjamin are randall endorsees aren't they? or did they recently switch? i saw them in concert back in the spring and they were playing randall and are still listed on randall's site.

jtb226 said:
Elpelotero said:
Autocrat said:

Thanks

chevelle=mark4
tool=diezel

+1. i'd say go VH4 just becaus that is what i'd go with. simply because i've always wanted to play a diezel.

just as a side note...i think breaking benjamin are randall endorsees aren't they? or did they recently switch? i saw them in concert back in the spring and they were playing randall and are still listed on randall's site.

yes, they are currently Randall. They used to play H&K

Back