Did the FX loop mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

469RoadKing

Reaction score
Just got through with the effects loop mod taking it from parallel to series.
So far so good, it solved the modulation feedback problem I was having but there is a change in the tone. Not bad, but need to redo my settings. Seems a bit brighter.
The mod was very easy using Bruceta's post for a wiring diagram. Took all of 5 minutes. Will check back in after rehersal tonight.

Brad

was that the dual rec fx loop mod? and if so where could i get that diagram that you said was easy to do

Cool, mind going a bit further into detail about how you like it compared to the parallel? Pros/Cons? Is the tone difference with something in the loop or just with nothing in the loop?

I'm getting mine done by an amp tech (not much electronics experience) in a week or two.

I'm looking forward to putting my graphic EQ and GMajor in the loop after it gets done :D

Sorry, been a busy week.
I did the mod on a Rectoverb series II. I found the diagram here on the boogie board. Basically, as looking at the back of the amp, I un soldered and taped up the lead on the right side of the mix control knob and un soldered the left side lead and resoldered it to the middle lead. Presto.
As I said before so far so good, I have only played about an hour and a half with it as is (we were snowed out of rehearsal this week). So far no negatives. Seems like the tone has more fidelity to it and since I ran the mix knob at full blast anyway the only thing I am missing is the annoying modulation feedback from my digital delay and my flanger. I think if you ran all analog pedals through the loop the feedback problem I was having wouldn't exsist. Next rehersal is tonight, will know more after then.

Cool, I actually took my amp to my tech today to get it done. How long did it take you? They quoted me about ~100-140 for about an hour or two of work?

Seems a bit high to me, but then again i dont wanna take any risks with this head.

Ukalali Solo said:
Cool, I actually took my amp to my tech today to get it done. How long did it take you? They quoted me about ~100-140 for about an hour or two of work?

Seems a bit high to me, but then again i dont wanna take any risks with this head.

Yeah I would definitely not do that man, that seems very excessive in both price and time to complete it from reading the previous threads on this and checking out the diagram. It's literally 5 min worth of work.

Latest posts

Back