DI with LoneStar

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeVFR

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Quick question. If I run a DI instead of mic'ing my Lonestar, is it better to run it in line to the speaker, or use a separate speaker out to the board? Is there any load on a DI? I will still run the original speaker out to speakers, so the amp will be loaded.
Hopefully someone understands what I am asking.
Thanks,
Joevfr

I wouldnt put a D.I in line with the speaker.

Use a D.I box in the front of the amp. I dont know the schematics of how you connect it up but I know from when an old band member of mine used to have his SuperBass 100w Marshall bass head mic'd and D.I'd they always had to put it in the front(there was nowhere else)...it sounded pretty cool actually.

I'm not an expert sound engineer so go easy if I'm talking rubbish :) just trying to help! :)

I guess I didn't explain it very well. I have a DI box that I am considering using instead of mic'ing my Lonestar. It has speaker emulation. Should I run like:

1. speaker out-Di-back into cabinet or

2. Run combo like usual and use one of the other speaker outs to go to the mixing board (through the DI first)

I guess the real question is will a DI sound as good as a mic'd cabinet? I could just hook it up and try, but I was concerned about using a separate speaker out and impedance mismatch.

Okay, thanks. That's was I was looking for. I didn't realize you could use the slave output that way, I thought it was for driving other amps.

Back