Delay not working in FX loop?!?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricorocks

Reaction score
Hey all i am running a new MXR carbon copy analog delay in my FX loop and it's NOT working at all when i am in the 3rd ch. with distortion, in ch. 1 with clean i get very very little delay, nothing even close to a Gilmoresque type of delay?!? so what's going on? i tried it in front of the amp and it works flawlessly, WTF??? :shock: :shock: this amp is giving me one problem after another. oh and before anyone says swap the V6, i already did thanks.. :shock:

ricorocks said:
Hey all i am running a new MXR carbon copy analog delay in my FX loop and it's NOT working at all when i am in the 3rd ch. with distortion, in ch. 1 with clean i get very very little delay, nothing even close to a Gilmoresque type of delay?!? so what's going on? i tried it in front of the amp and it works flawlessly, WTF??? :shock: :shock: this amp is giving me one problem after another. oh and before anyone says swap the V6, i already did thanks.. :shock:

Never tried a CC but I've read that the signal out of the FX loop is "too strong" for it.
I can't explain it all that well but I know if I hook my DD-20 up to the loop it loses
it's treble and "shimmer" so I leave it out front. I've had success with my phaser and
a Stereo Memory Man in the FX loop so I know it works...but just not with certain pedals.

I recently had the same problem. I called mxr and they said since I run my head in the V pattern the pedal will not work as well in the loop. sell it and get something else I bought the TC electronics flashback. No problems at all sounds incredible no volume drop! I read tons of forums and just ended up calling the company wasnt expecting the answer but it was spot on. they said it has to do with the components in the pedal the repeats are made to be dirtier then the original signal causing degradation especially when in the v pattern because the mids are scooped. Its not the head check google tons of other tube heads are having the same problem with the same pedal.

Thanks guys, but i really like this analog pedal when it works, LOL . at least in front of the amp. i don't know if i would like a Digital delay type Boss DD3 or some sort of digital FX. Thanks for re-assuring me that the fx loop works jb's 52.. rock on, the quest for the ULTIMATE TONE will never end haha :twisted:

does this mean that you don't like dd3's or that you like them, but they work better in front of amp like the the CC?' :roll:

Glad we all find a compromise sooner or later. Rock on screamingdaisy.. :wink:

Latest posts

Back