DC-5 Footswitch/GEQ issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lockbody

Reaction score
I do have one slight problem with my DC - whenever I plug in a FS into the front FS jack, no matter where the GEQ selector is set, the GEQ is always on for both channels. When I first got this amp it came with a rectifier FS (mono cable) so I thought that might be the problem, so I bought a newer two-button (hardwired TRS cable) from a DC owner on the board here, but I still have the same problem. If you pull the front FS out and use the switch to change channels, the GEQ selection follows the rear panel selector as expected.

I was under the impression that with the older DCs the front FS only controlled the channel switching and if you wanted to switch the GEQ you needed to do that with a seperate FS in the back.

Any ideas why the front FS jack would cause the the GEQ to stay on all the time when either a single or two-button FS is inserted?

I have exactly the same problem :(

I thought buying a stereo footswitch would solve it but i haven't got round to that but from what you've just said it looks like we're both in the same boat :(

I have the early style DC-5 with the rocker switches and the front panel indicator lights for the channels. No way can I get the front panel footswitch to override the the EQ selector switch and have the EQ on all the time with a footswitch plugged it.

I think the problem lies in the stereo footswitch jack on the back that controls the EQ and the reverb. The half of that jack that controls reverb is always 'made' so the reverb is on if no footswitch is plugged in. The EQ side is 'open' so the EQ is controlled by the back panel assignment switch when no footswitch is plugged in.

So, it seems that all three switches (both footswitch jacks and the assignment switch) are inter related.

Personally, I would be attacking all three of these with generous amounts of pot cleaner, because it sounds like something is stuck closed that shouldn't be.

If you remove the chassis (I would), be sure it's unplugged and be wary of the power caps. Drain them or stay far away as they can cause serious injury.

I just wanted to bump this with an update- If I set the rear selector to either "off" or "footswitch" (with no rear FS) the geq doesn't engage. If I set the rear selector for "rhythm" then the geq is on for ch1 and off for ch2 as expected. It's only when the selector is set for "lead" that the geq doesn't turn off for ch1.

Strange.

Latest posts

Back