DC-3 for hard-rock/metal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrmot

Reaction score
Hello guys, my first post here!
So, I might get the DC-3 combo, so i was wondering if you guys overhere could help me a bit
.. how's the sound? I'm mainly looking for some classic heavy metal to hard-rock sounds, like metallica AJFA-black album era sound, Tool, Incubus, something like that.. not too brutal, not like death metal.. I play about 70% rhythm and 30% solo.. Could you please describe its sound(the lead channel), is it more of a rectifier type sound or more like the mark series?
How does it sound on bedroom levels (altho i mostly plan to use it on reherseals with a band and smaller gigs)? Any flaws, things you don't like? Any info appreciated! Any clips or know where to find them?
thanks!

Well, I have a DC-10 and I use it for metal stuff. The dc-10 uses 6L6 tubes instead of the el84's which I believe the DC-3 uses. Mine gives me a great warm tube overdrive. which fits almost every style of music I have ever used it for. The eq makes it a very versatile amp. If I want more of a metallica sound, I just add highend, and scoop down the mids, and ad a touch of compression from a pedal, and Bam there it is. Although I prefer to just use it as is, nice punchy, crisp, yet warm, overdrive, That kicks you in the teeth when I do tune to drop d.

Latest posts

Back